PHOENIX – Educational organizations around the state have begun a long-term effort to help meet the educational needs of the children of the 19 firefighters who lost their lives in the Yarnell Hill Fire tragedy.
The Prescott Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial Education Fund hopes to raise more than $5 million in order to provide more than 13 children with the necessary funds to help them meet all education-related expenses that they might have during their school years.
Financial assistance could include early childhood education like preschool, as well as K-12 needs such as school uniforms and supplies, fees for extracurricular activities, college admissions testing and funds for college textbooks and tuition or vocational training programs. The assistance would be provided until the youngest of the children turns 22-years-old.
Groups such as the Arizona School Boards Assocation, the Arizona Assocation of School Business officials, the Arizona Education Assocation and the Yavapai College Foundation, among others, are all pledging their support of the fund.
The fund has been created with the help of Wells Fargo and the public is invited to make tax-deductible donations at any branch using account number 8008516158. Checks to the Prescott Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial Fund may also be sent to the Arizona School Boards Assocation.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them