PHOENIX — Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano will attend a memorial service for 19 fallen firefighters in Prescott, Ariz., on Tuesday, her agency said in a release.
Napolitano, the former governor of Arizona, is scheduled to arrive in Arizona prior to the service for the hotshots who were killed while fighting the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
Several other high-profile officials are expected to attend, including Vice President Joe Biden and current Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.
The memorial is being held at the Toyota Center, which seats about 6,000 people. The bodies will be transported to the arena in a procession.
The fire in the town of Yarnell has destroyed more than 100 houses and burned about 13 square miles. Officials say the fire is mostly contained.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them