PHOENIX — More details of the memorial service for the 19 firefighters who lost their lives in the Yarnell Hill Fire tragedy have been revealed.
The service, which will honor the lives of the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots, is scheduled to be held at the Toyota Center in Prescott on Tuesday.
The Prescott Fire Deparment Guard along with all uniformed firefighters and emergency respondents will hold a procession beginning at 11 a.m.
Remarks will be made by Chief Dan Fraijo of the Prescott Fire Department and Prescott Mayor Marlin Kuykendall, among others.
Harold A. Schaitberger, General President of the International Associaton of Firefighters will award the IAFF Medal of Honor, which is a gold medal given to the families of firefighters who are killed in the line of duty.
The ceremony, titled “Our Fallen Brothers: A Celebration of Life,” will also be attended by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and Vice President Joe Biden.
To read the full service program, click here.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon