Some of those who are helping victims of the tragedy on Yarnell Hill are coming from southwestern Arizona.
Somerton/Cocopah Fire Department Spokesman Robbie Rodriguez said he’s in the Prescott area helping with a very big task.
“We are the planners of each funeral pertaining to the procession, the mortuary, the gravesites. Anything that pertains to the burial of the fallen,” Rodriguez said.
Nineteen firefighters died while fighting the wildfire last Sunday.
Meanwhile, Yuma Salvation Army Captain Randy Hartt told KYMA-TV that he’s in Prescott just to lend a hand. He said it’s been a very emotional week.
“I was standing there putting my arm around people. I was crying, and suddenly, strangers from the community starting putting their arms around me,” Hartt said. “There’s a lot of solidarity in this community.
“They are all hurting.”
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon