CAVE CREEK, Ariz. – The town of Cave Creek is turning this year’s Independence Day celebration into a fundraiser for the families of the 19 firefighters killed battling the Yarnell Hill Fire on Sunday.
“Obviously we know the families are hurting, and we know we’re going to have over three thousand people here, so why not try to make a difference,” said Danny Piacquadio, owner of Harold’s Corral, which hosts the event. “This was just a no-brainer for us.”
Rural Metro Fire Department will be collecting donations at the gate to tonight’s fireworks show and throughout the evening.
Piacquadio said a portion off all liquor sales will also be collected for the families.
There will be a moment of silence and a 19-shell salute honoring the fallen firefighters before the fireworks begin at around 9 p.m.
For more information on the event visit the Harold’s Corral website.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development