CAVE CREEK, Ariz. – The town of Cave Creek is turning this year’s Independence Day celebration into a fundraiser for the families of the 19 firefighters killed battling the Yarnell Hill Fire on Sunday.
“Obviously we know the families are hurting, and we know we’re going to have over three thousand people here, so why not try to make a difference,” said Danny Piacquadio, owner of Harold’s Corral, which hosts the event. “This was just a no-brainer for us.”
Rural Metro Fire Department will be collecting donations at the gate to tonight’s fireworks show and throughout the evening.
Piacquadio said a portion off all liquor sales will also be collected for the families.
There will be a moment of silence and a 19-shell salute honoring the fallen firefighters before the fireworks begin at around 9 p.m.
For more information on the event visit the Harold’s Corral website.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night