CAVE CREEK, Ariz. – The town of Cave Creek is turning this year’s Independence Day celebration into a fundraiser for the families of the 19 firefighters killed battling the Yarnell Hill Fire on Sunday.
“Obviously we know the families are hurting, and we know we’re going to have over three thousand people here, so why not try to make a difference,” said Danny Piacquadio, owner of Harold’s Corral, which hosts the event. “This was just a no-brainer for us.”
Rural Metro Fire Department will be collecting donations at the gate to tonight’s fireworks show and throughout the evening.
Piacquadio said a portion off all liquor sales will also be collected for the families.
There will be a moment of silence and a 19-shell salute honoring the fallen firefighters before the fireworks begin at around 9 p.m.
For more information on the event visit the Harold’s Corral website.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.