CAVE CREEK, Ariz. – The town of Cave Creek is turning this year’s Independence Day celebration into a fundraiser for the families of the 19 firefighters killed battling the Yarnell Hill Fire on Sunday.
“Obviously we know the families are hurting, and we know we’re going to have over three thousand people here, so why not try to make a difference,” said Danny Piacquadio, owner of Harold’s Corral, which hosts the event. “This was just a no-brainer for us.”
Rural Metro Fire Department will be collecting donations at the gate to tonight’s fireworks show and throughout the evening.
Piacquadio said a portion off all liquor sales will also be collected for the families.
There will be a moment of silence and a 19-shell salute honoring the fallen firefighters before the fireworks begin at around 9 p.m.
For more information on the event visit the Harold’s Corral website.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments