PHOENIX – A Litchfield Park veteran whose World War II medals were stolen will be getting them replaced in a Fourth of July ceremony in Tolleson, Ariz.
James Broyles, an 88-year-old war veteran who can still count the number of times he was shot down during World War II will be getting replacement medals after a burglar broke into his home and stole them two years ago.
“I don’t know how to explain it… they meant everything in the world to me,” Broyles said.
The medals, which he was awarded after his honorable discharge from service, will be presented to him during a brief ceremony as part of the city’s Fourth of July celebration.
If you would like to assist to this or any other Fourth of July celebration happening in and around the Valley, you can check out our Fourth of July map for locations of all the events that will be going on this holiday weekend.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night