PHOENIX – A Litchfield Park veteran whose World War II medals were stolen will be getting them replaced in a Fourth of July ceremony in Tolleson, Ariz.
James Broyles, an 88-year-old war veteran who can still count the number of times he was shot down during World War II will be getting replacement medals after a burglar broke into his home and stole them two years ago.
“I don’t know how to explain it… they meant everything in the world to me,” Broyles said.
The medals, which he was awarded after his honorable discharge from service, will be presented to him during a brief ceremony as part of the city’s Fourth of July celebration.
If you would like to assist to this or any other Fourth of July celebration happening in and around the Valley, you can check out our Fourth of July map for locations of all the events that will be going on this holiday weekend.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development