PHOENIX – A Litchfield Park veteran whose World War II medals were stolen will be getting them replaced in a Fourth of July ceremony in Tolleson, Ariz.
James Broyles, an 88-year-old war veteran who can still count the number of times he was shot down during World War II will be getting replacement medals after a burglar broke into his home and stole them two years ago.
“I don’t know how to explain it… they meant everything in the world to me,” Broyles said.
The medals, which he was awarded after his honorable discharge from service, will be presented to him during a brief ceremony as part of the city’s Fourth of July celebration.
If you would like to assist to this or any other Fourth of July celebration happening in and around the Valley, you can check out our Fourth of July map for locations of all the events that will be going on this holiday weekend.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier