PHOENIX — Crews are currently working a small fire in northern Arizona.
The Steed Fire began Monday after lightning struck the burn scar from the Pumpkin Fire.
The fire has burned about two acres so far and, despite it being relatively low intensity, the terrain is forcing crews to fight the fire from a safe distance.
“Risk management drives our efforts,” District Fire Management Officer for the Flagstaff District Rick Miller said in a press release. “We’re actively suppressing this fire, but we’re doing so on our terms. The most effective tactic for this situation is to back away and let it come to us. We’ll see some gain in size, but the intensity and severity of the fire will be minimal.”
Smoke from the fire is visible from Highway 180.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy