PHOENIX — Crews are currently working a small fire in northern Arizona.
The Steed Fire began Monday after lightning struck the burn scar from the Pumpkin Fire.
The fire has burned about two acres so far and, despite it being relatively low intensity, the terrain is forcing crews to fight the fire from a safe distance.
“Risk management drives our efforts,” District Fire Management Officer for the Flagstaff District Rick Miller said in a press release. “We’re actively suppressing this fire, but we’re doing so on our terms. The most effective tactic for this situation is to back away and let it come to us. We’ll see some gain in size, but the intensity and severity of the fire will be minimal.”
Smoke from the fire is visible from Highway 180.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.