PHOENIX – Amy’s Baking Company is sure to come under more fire after a copy of their employment contract has been uploaded to the internet.
Radar Online obtained a copy of the “mutually-binding” contract that employees make with the company, and if you thought that you saw everything there was to see on Kitchen Nightmares, you’d be wrong.
The contract had 20 strict rules to abide by, including many that left financial responsibility upon the employees — and of course the now famous rule about servers giving all their tips to the restaurant owners.
One rule states that employees are to work holidays and weekends without exception and a “no-show” will be penalized with a $250.00 fee.
Another specifies that all tips are property of ABC and staff members would be paid on an hourly basis. Employees are also required to pay for food wasted or plates broken.
However, Radar Online reported that Amy’s Baking Company has since changed their “tip policy” after the backlash the company was subjected on Facebook.
And regarding that reality TV show that was in the making? They’re still looking for networks that might want to air it.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night