PHOENIX – A non-profit organization has stepped up to help the families of the 19 fallen heroes of the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
The 100 Club of Arizona, a 501(c)3 organization whose purpose is to provide support to those “men and women who stand behind the badge” is reaching out to the community after 19 members of the Prescott Fire Department lost their lives in the Yarnell Hill fire.
Rob & Karie spoke to Chris Moore, a board member of the 100 Club of Arizona and asked how he has dealt with the loss of the firefighters.
“It’s a big loss when you have a big organization like Phoenix Fire or Phoenix Police that loses one, but Prescott Fire Department is about 50, 60 people, so to lose these guys in that community, to me it is a deeper loss,” he said.
According to the 100 Club of Arizona website, the club will use the monetary funds collected to help not only the families of the fallen fighters, but to continue assisting the Prescott Fire Deparment.
We will be assisting survivors, covering costs for flights of family members of the victims, helping the injured and purchasing replacement equipment for the Prescott Fire Department.
After an announcement was posted to their Facebook page regarding the tragic incident at Yarnell Hill, many different companies have also stepped in to help.
If you would like to contribute to the 100 Club of Arizona, please visit their website by clicking here.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food