Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport reportedly will be losing direct flights with both Allegiant and Frontier airlines by late 2013.
According to the East Valley Tribune, less than a year after creating a direct flight from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway to Denver, Frontier Airline will be discontinuing the route due to “poor performance.”
Scott Smith, Mesa mayor and the chair of the airport’s board of directors, said:
“It’s not an airport issue but part of bigger issues going on with Frontier.”
Gateway is hoping that Spirit Airlines will restore its direct flight to Denver in November of 2013.
This decision came simultaneously with Allegiant’s choice to end it’s direct flight from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway to Honolulu. Smith added that Allegiant will be temporarily ending all direct flights to Honolulu with all locations except Las Vegas in the hopes of keeping flights at a minimum of 90 percent capacity.
Smith is optimistic despite the recent route cancellations and expects the airport will continue to grow in the long run.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon