PHOENIX — Two of the firefighters who died while battling the Yarnell Hill Fire were reportedly from Southern California.
According to KTLA, Kevin Woyjeck, of Seal Beach, and Chris MacKenzie, of Hemet, were both sons of firefighters.
Woyjeck, son of veteran L.A. County Fire Department Capt. Joe Woyjeck, had hoped to become a firefighter in the L.A. area like his father, according to family members.
MacKenzie, a 2001 graduate of Hemet High, was the son of former Moreno Valley CDF Captain Mike MacKenzie, according to the Press Enterprise.
The other fallen firefighters have not been identified.
The fire began Friday with a lightning strike. By Monday, it had burned more than 8,300 acres and destroyed as many as 200 homes.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life