PHOENIX — Mail service to Yarnell, Ariz., has been suspended because of the large Yarnell Hill wildfire, the United States Post Office said in a release.
Yarnell Postmaster Janice Middleton said Monday that the status of the Post
Office building is unknown following Sunday’s evacuation.
“We appreciate our customers’ patience during this difficult time,” Middleton said in the release.
“While our postal employees work to continue to connect the mail with area residents, our thoughts and prayers are with the many families whose loved ones were taken while protecting all of us.”
Postal officials say 600 Yarnell residents normally receive P.O. Box mail
delivery at the Yarnell Post Office on Highway 89.
Yarnell residents can currently obtain their mail at the post office in Wickenburg. The office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday. It is closed on Sunday.
In addition, the USPS said residents from the Peeples Valley area can obtain their mail at the post office in Kirkland until further notice. Mail can be picked up between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m on weekdays and 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays. The office is closed Sundays.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night