PHOENIX — Mail service to Yarnell, Ariz., has been suspended because of the large Yarnell Hill wildfire, the United States Post Office said in a release.
Yarnell Postmaster Janice Middleton said Monday that the status of the Post
Office building is unknown following Sunday’s evacuation.
“We appreciate our customers’ patience during this difficult time,” Middleton said in the release.
“While our postal employees work to continue to connect the mail with area residents, our thoughts and prayers are with the many families whose loved ones were taken while protecting all of us.”
Postal officials say 600 Yarnell residents normally receive P.O. Box mail
delivery at the Yarnell Post Office on Highway 89.
Yarnell residents can currently obtain their mail at the post office in Wickenburg. The office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday. It is closed on Sunday.
In addition, the USPS said residents from the Peeples Valley area can obtain their mail at the post office in Kirkland until further notice. Mail can be picked up between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m on weekdays and 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays. The office is closed Sundays.
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick