A number of Arizona’s political figures, the president, and national celebrities have been on Twitter responding to the Yarnell Hill wildfire that claimed the lives of 19 firefighters Sunday.
— The White House (@whitehouse) July 1, 2013
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) July 1, 2013
19 firefighters dead battling #yarnellfire. I am sick with the news. Prayers go out to all affected.
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) July 1, 2013
Hearing that 19 firefighters were killed in Arizona today fighting the #yarnellfire. Absolutely devastating news.
— Gabrielle Giffords (@GabbyGiffords) July 1, 2013
Nicole & I join ppl of Phx & nation to express deepest condolences to families of the brave firefighters…More: http://t.co/kIpP1LoVxO
— Greg Stanton (@MayorStanton) July 1, 2013
— Norah O'Donnell (@NorahODonnell) July 1, 2013
A sad, sad day for all of Arizona. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those firefighters lost and to all in Prescott.
— Mayor Scott Smith (@Mayor_Smith) July 1, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go to the families of those who lost loved ones battling the Yarnell fire and those who continue to battle the blaze
— Joe Arpaio (@RealSheriffJoe) July 1, 2013
19 firefighters killed in Arizona – terrible tragedy!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 1, 2013
Awful news out of Arizona. Condolences go out to all the families of the firefighters and all who suffered losses.
— Rich Eisen (@richeisen) July 1, 2013
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development