A number of Arizona’s political figures, the president, and national celebrities have been on Twitter responding to the Yarnell Hill wildfire that claimed the lives of 19 firefighters Sunday.
— The White House (@whitehouse) July 1, 2013
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) July 1, 2013
19 firefighters dead battling #yarnellfire. I am sick with the news. Prayers go out to all affected.
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) July 1, 2013
Hearing that 19 firefighters were killed in Arizona today fighting the #yarnellfire. Absolutely devastating news.
— Gabrielle Giffords (@GabbyGiffords) July 1, 2013
Nicole & I join ppl of Phx & nation to express deepest condolences to families of the brave firefighters…More: http://t.co/kIpP1LoVxO
— Greg Stanton (@MayorStanton) July 1, 2013
— Norah O'Donnell (@NorahODonnell) July 1, 2013
A sad, sad day for all of Arizona. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those firefighters lost and to all in Prescott.
— Mayor Scott Smith (@Mayor_Smith) July 1, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go to the families of those who lost loved ones battling the Yarnell fire and those who continue to battle the blaze
— Joe Arpaio (@RealSheriffJoe) July 1, 2013
19 firefighters killed in Arizona – terrible tragedy!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 1, 2013
Awful news out of Arizona. Condolences go out to all the families of the firefighters and all who suffered losses.
— Rich Eisen (@richeisen) July 1, 2013
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments