A number of Arizona’s political figures, the president, and national celebrities have been on Twitter responding to the Yarnell Hill wildfire that claimed the lives of 19 firefighters Sunday.
— The White House (@whitehouse) July 1, 2013
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) July 1, 2013
19 firefighters dead battling #yarnellfire. I am sick with the news. Prayers go out to all affected.
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) July 1, 2013
Hearing that 19 firefighters were killed in Arizona today fighting the #yarnellfire. Absolutely devastating news.
— Gabrielle Giffords (@GabbyGiffords) July 1, 2013
Nicole & I join ppl of Phx & nation to express deepest condolences to families of the brave firefighters…More: http://t.co/kIpP1LoVxO
— Greg Stanton (@MayorStanton) July 1, 2013
— Norah O'Donnell (@NorahODonnell) July 1, 2013
A sad, sad day for all of Arizona. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those firefighters lost and to all in Prescott.
— Mayor Scott Smith (@Mayor_Smith) July 1, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go to the families of those who lost loved ones battling the Yarnell fire and those who continue to battle the blaze
— Joe Arpaio (@RealSheriffJoe) July 1, 2013
19 firefighters killed in Arizona – terrible tragedy!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 1, 2013
Awful news out of Arizona. Condolences go out to all the families of the firefighters and all who suffered losses.
— Rich Eisen (@richeisen) July 1, 2013
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night