YARNELL, Ariz. — The fast-moving wildfire burning in the central Arizona community of Yarnell, has reportedly engulfed the town.
According to ABC15’s Katie Conner, three structures and one propane tank have burned in the fire.
As of 4:00 p.m. Sunday, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office had advised all residents in the area of Yarnell and Peeples Valley to evacuate.
Arizona State Forestry Division spokeswoman Carrie Dennett says no homes have been lost in the fire northwest of the Yavapai County community of Yarnell, but the blaze was within a half-mile of some homes.
Crews are doing work around the homes to help guard against the fire.
The fire started Friday but picked up momentum Sunday as the area experienced high temperatures, low humidity and windy conditions.
Two hundred firefighters are now working at the fire, but an additional 130 firefighters and more water- and retardant-dropping helicopters and aircraft are on their way.
The Red Cross said it has set up at Yavapai College in Prescott to provide refreshments for people who were evacuated and a break from the heat.
The relief agency said it’s prepared to open a shelter there if the need arises.
Nearby, a 10 square-mile wildfire that began 12 days ago in the Prescott National Forest was 96 percent contained as of Sunday morning.
The Doce Fire forced hundreds of residential evacuations, but those evacuations have since been lifted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier