YARNELL, Ariz. — The fast-moving wildfire burning in the central Arizona community of Yarnell, has reportedly engulfed the town.
According to ABC15’s Katie Conner, three structures and one propane tank have burned in the fire.
As of 4:00 p.m. Sunday, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office had advised all residents in the area of Yarnell and Peeples Valley to evacuate.
Arizona State Forestry Division spokeswoman Carrie Dennett says no homes have been lost in the fire northwest of the Yavapai County community of Yarnell, but the blaze was within a half-mile of some homes.
Crews are doing work around the homes to help guard against the fire.
The fire started Friday but picked up momentum Sunday as the area experienced high temperatures, low humidity and windy conditions.
Two hundred firefighters are now working at the fire, but an additional 130 firefighters and more water- and retardant-dropping helicopters and aircraft are on their way.
The Red Cross said it has set up at Yavapai College in Prescott to provide refreshments for people who were evacuated and a break from the heat.
The relief agency said it’s prepared to open a shelter there if the need arises.
Nearby, a 10 square-mile wildfire that began 12 days ago in the Prescott National Forest was 96 percent contained as of Sunday morning.
The Doce Fire forced hundreds of residential evacuations, but those evacuations have since been lifted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development