YARNELL, Ariz. — The fast-moving wildfire burning in the central Arizona community of Yarnell, has reportedly engulfed the town.
According to ABC15’s Katie Conner, three structures and one propane tank have burned in the fire.
As of 4:00 p.m. Sunday, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office had advised all residents in the area of Yarnell and Peeples Valley to evacuate.
Arizona State Forestry Division spokeswoman Carrie Dennett says no homes have been lost in the fire northwest of the Yavapai County community of Yarnell, but the blaze was within a half-mile of some homes.
Crews are doing work around the homes to help guard against the fire.
The fire started Friday but picked up momentum Sunday as the area experienced high temperatures, low humidity and windy conditions.
Two hundred firefighters are now working at the fire, but an additional 130 firefighters and more water- and retardant-dropping helicopters and aircraft are on their way.
The Red Cross said it has set up at Yavapai College in Prescott to provide refreshments for people who were evacuated and a break from the heat.
The relief agency said it’s prepared to open a shelter there if the need arises.
Nearby, a 10 square-mile wildfire that began 12 days ago in the Prescott National Forest was 96 percent contained as of Sunday morning.
The Doce Fire forced hundreds of residential evacuations, but those evacuations have since been lifted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
For volunteer, fundraising and other ways to assist those affected by the Yarnell Hill Fire, go to yarnellfallenfirefighters.com.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food