PHOENIX — With extreme temperatures in the forecast for later this week, the Valley homeless population is at greater risk for dehydration and other heat-related issues.
The Phoenix Rescue Mission has issued a “Code Red: Summer Heat Relief” alert and is asking for the public’s help collecting water.
Nicole Pena, Director of Marketing for the Phoenix Rescue Mission, said they only had about three hundred cases of water in their warehouse on Monday.
“So we really need water to get out to the streets, especially over the Fourth of July weekend,” Pena said.
They’re asking people to drop off water at the Mission’s warehouse, located near 26th Avenue and McDowell in Phoenix. Donations can also be made at various locations throughout the Valley.
People are encouraged to donate other items like hats, sunscreen and socks as well.
To find a donation center near you, visit the Phoenix Rescue Mission website.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier