PHOENIX — With extreme temperatures in the forecast for later this week, the Valley homeless population is at greater risk for dehydration and other heat-related issues.
The Phoenix Rescue Mission has issued a “Code Red: Summer Heat Relief” alert and is asking for the public’s help collecting water.
Nicole Pena, Director of Marketing for the Phoenix Rescue Mission, said they only had about three hundred cases of water in their warehouse on Monday.
“So we really need water to get out to the streets, especially over the Fourth of July weekend,” Pena said.
They’re asking people to drop off water at the Mission’s warehouse, located near 26th Avenue and McDowell in Phoenix. Donations can also be made at various locations throughout the Valley.
People are encouraged to donate other items like hats, sunscreen and socks as well.
To find a donation center near you, visit the Phoenix Rescue Mission website.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them