PHOENIX — With extreme temperatures in the forecast for later this week, the Valley homeless population is at greater risk for dehydration and other heat-related issues.
The Phoenix Rescue Mission has issued a “Code Red: Summer Heat Relief” alert and is asking for the public’s help collecting water.
Nicole Pena, Director of Marketing for the Phoenix Rescue Mission, said they only had about three hundred cases of water in their warehouse on Monday.
“So we really need water to get out to the streets, especially over the Fourth of July weekend,” Pena said.
They’re asking people to drop off water at the Mission’s warehouse, located near 26th Avenue and McDowell in Phoenix. Donations can also be made at various locations throughout the Valley.
People are encouraged to donate other items like hats, sunscreen and socks as well.
To find a donation center near you, visit the Phoenix Rescue Mission website.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development