PHOENIX — With extreme temperatures in the forecast for later this week, the Valley homeless population is at greater risk for dehydration and other heat-related issues.
The Phoenix Rescue Mission has issued a “Code Red: Summer Heat Relief” alert and is asking for the public’s help collecting water.
Nicole Pena, Director of Marketing for the Phoenix Rescue Mission, said they only had about three hundred cases of water in their warehouse on Monday.
“So we really need water to get out to the streets, especially over the Fourth of July weekend,” Pena said.
They’re asking people to drop off water at the Mission’s warehouse, located near 26th Avenue and McDowell in Phoenix. Donations can also be made at various locations throughout the Valley.
People are encouraged to donate other items like hats, sunscreen and socks as well.
To find a donation center near you, visit the Phoenix Rescue Mission website.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night