PHOENIX — Come mid-December, visitors and residents will have another option for getting around downtown Phoenix area: The city will officially launch its bike share program.
“It’s a great way to improve mobility options for people,” said,” said Joseph Perez, traffic engineer and bike coordinator for the city of Phoenix. “We have the bus, there’s light rail and now we have bicycles.”
If it works as intended, the program is a win-win for everyone.
“You’re not polluting the environment, you’re saving money, you’re doing the things that make the environment healthier and yourself healthier,” said Perez.
Phoenix plans to launch with 500 bikes and eventually expand to 2,000 bikes. The bicycles will be located at hub locations throughout the city and accessible to anyone who has a credit card.
The target start date for the program is Dec. 16.
To learn more or offer input, go to phoenix.gov.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them