PHOENIX — For nearly 20 years, Coup des Tartes restaurant near 16th Street and Highland Avenue has been host to hundreds of special occasions.
Unfortunately, for the owners and for those who have created memories at the French fusion restaurant, the 1930s farmhouse that houses the restaurant will be leveled to make way for a parking lot.
“There’s a lot of history here,” said Ron Pacioni, owner of Coup des Tartes.
According to a Facebook post, Coup des Tartes is working to find a new location.
Change is on the horizon. Coup Des Tartes sits on a plot of land that has recently changed hands. Through no fault of our own, the current landlord, the Van Tuyl Group, has given us 180 days to find another location. They will “pave our paradise to put up a parking lot” – literally. They’re planning to demo this historic 1932 farmhouse we’ve been in for the past 17 years and turn it into an overflow parking lot for their nearby corporate car dealership. We will remain OPEN while we search for a new location that will live up to the Coup Des Tartes romance and charm. While we recognize that there is nothing constant in life but change, we are a little nostalgic and not looking forward to saying good-bye to our little farmhouse. When we do find a new location, we have every intention of keeping the seasonal menus and award-winning cuisine you have come to know and love, and of course remain a BYOB. More info. to come, but in the meantime, we are OPEN and we have a delicious new summer menu that you must sample. Come dine with us and tell your friends!
Meanwhile, Pacioni said the outpouring of support from the community has been overwhelming,
“I’m honored,” he said.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them