PHOENIX — For nearly 20 years, Coup des Tartes restaurant near 16th Street and Highland Avenue has been host to hundreds of special occasions.
Unfortunately, for the owners and for those who have created memories at the French fusion restaurant, the 1930s farmhouse that houses the restaurant will be leveled to make way for a parking lot.
“There’s a lot of history here,” said Ron Pacioni, owner of Coup des Tartes.
According to a Facebook post, Coup des Tartes is working to find a new location.
Change is on the horizon. Coup Des Tartes sits on a plot of land that has recently changed hands. Through no fault of our own, the current landlord, the Van Tuyl Group, has given us 180 days to find another location. They will “pave our paradise to put up a parking lot” – literally. They’re planning to demo this historic 1932 farmhouse we’ve been in for the past 17 years and turn it into an overflow parking lot for their nearby corporate car dealership. We will remain OPEN while we search for a new location that will live up to the Coup Des Tartes romance and charm. While we recognize that there is nothing constant in life but change, we are a little nostalgic and not looking forward to saying good-bye to our little farmhouse. When we do find a new location, we have every intention of keeping the seasonal menus and award-winning cuisine you have come to know and love, and of course remain a BYOB. More info. to come, but in the meantime, we are OPEN and we have a delicious new summer menu that you must sample. Come dine with us and tell your friends!
Meanwhile, Pacioni said the outpouring of support from the community has been overwhelming,
“I’m honored,” he said.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier