Gov. Jan Brewer is now supporting the Senate’s bipartisan immigration bill which would grant undocumented immigrants, especially those effected by the 2010 Arizona Law SB 1070, a path to citizenship.
According to ABC News Brewer said:
“I think that what we’re seeing taking place in the Senate is a victory for Arizona,”
The irony is that Brewer originally supported the passing of SB 1070 but during a recent interview on Fox News she spoke approvingly of the new bill.
The new border security amendment would add almost 20,000 Border Patrol agents, nearly doubling the size of the Border Patrol, and 700 miles of fencing along the southern border.
This addition could cost the federal government up to 30 million just to hire new Border Patrol agents. However, this is not the first time Brewer has urged congress to spend more on border security, and once put into effect the proposal would create many new jobs in Arizona.
Pleased with what good the bill could do for Arizona, Brewer said:
“We need the workers, we need a lot of those people in Arizona, but we have to be satisfied that it’s going to occur. And the first step is those resources on the border.”
This Monday, following the interview on Fox New, Brewer tweeted that her comments mainly focused on the border security amendment, as opposed to the entire immigration bill.
I am supportive of the border surge element of the Corker amendment. Border security MUST come first as part of any bill. #immigration
— Jan Brewer (@GovBrewer) June 24, 2013
Watch the full interview with Brewer here.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon