After 16 years of business, Axis-Radius, Scottsdale’s longest-running dance club will be closing its doors at the end of the month.
According to the Phoenix New-Times, the Old Town Scottsdale institution will have one last hurrah June 29 called “Last Call.”
The club, which debuted as a martini-and-cigar bar in 1997, will not be closed for good, though.
Up on the Sun has learned that Evening Entertainment Group — the company, run by longtime Scottsdale nightlife mavens Les and Diane Corieri, that owns the property — is planning to transform Radius into a concert joint called Livewire by the spring of 2014. Meanwhile, the adjacent Axis will become a chic craft beer hangout known as Bottle Blonde, which is tentatively planned to open in January.
EEG’s operations manager Jeff O’Neil noted that the temporary closing is simply an attempt to modernize both venues after nearly two decades of serving the community.
“[The Corieris] think that Axis-Radius has kind of run its course and it’s time to do something new on that piece of property,” O’Neil said. “I mean, it’s 16 years old, and you’d be hard-pressed to find a lot of nightclubs that have lasted this long anywhere in the country.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development