PHOENIX — Coconino National Forest personnel responded to a human-caused fire Saturday evening just several miles north of Flagstaff, Ariz., according to a news release from Coconino officials.
The one-acre-wide fire near Freidlein Prarie was reported at 5:30 p.m. Saturday. Its flames were visible from Flagstaff.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and crews continue to work to contain the fire. According to the news release, fire prevention personnel has been finding several people who have not been following the current restrictions on camp fires in the area.
The Coconino National Forest will enter a fire danger rating of “extreme” on Monday.
“Extreme” fire danger means that fires start quickly, spread furiously, and burn intensely. All fires are potentially serious. Direct attack of fires is rarely possible for firefighters and may be dangerous except immediately after ignition.
The blaze is believed to be unrelated to the Doce fire continuously burning northwest of Prescott, Ariz.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets