PHOENIX — Coconino National Forest personnel responded to a human-caused fire Saturday evening just several miles north of Flagstaff, Ariz., according to a news release from Coconino officials.
The one-acre-wide fire near Freidlein Prarie was reported at 5:30 p.m. Saturday. Its flames were visible from Flagstaff.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and crews continue to work to contain the fire. According to the news release, fire prevention personnel has been finding several people who have not been following the current restrictions on camp fires in the area.
The Coconino National Forest will enter a fire danger rating of “extreme” on Monday.
“Extreme” fire danger means that fires start quickly, spread furiously, and burn intensely. All fires are potentially serious. Direct attack of fires is rarely possible for firefighters and may be dangerous except immediately after ignition.
The blaze is believed to be unrelated to the Doce fire continuously burning northwest of Prescott, Ariz.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development