TEMPE, Ariz. — Authorities are working to identify the body of a woman found naked in a Tempe neighborhood.
Tempe Police Sgt. Mike Pooley said the body of the unidentified woman was discovered about 4:30 AM on Saturday, June 15 after someone driving by spotted the body lying in the roadway.
When Tempe police arrived on scene at the 1900 block of East Minton Drive they discovered the body of a Hispanic or Native American female initially believed to be in her early 20s.
“It’s very unusual,” Pooley said “and for this type of crime to happen here is very shocking for the neighborhood.”
Pooley said the body had signs of trauma and police believe the woman was left in the neighborhood after being murdered elsewhere.
“We have our homicide detectives out here,” Pooley said. “We’re treating this as a homicide.”
Police have released a composite sketch of the woman’s face and are asking for the public’s help in identifying her.
On Monday, police released more details of the victim appearance. She is between 15 and 19-years-old, 4-foot-10-inches to 5-feet tall, 110 to 120 pounds with short brown/auburn colored hair.
She was found with turquoise stud earrings and a small diamond stud nose ring in her right nostril. She also had braces on her teeth.
The body had no tattoos, but had a scar on the outside of her right wrist and a surgical type scar on her throat.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact the Tempe Police Department.
“We have very little to go on right now,” Pooley said. “We’re asking for anybody [to notify us] if they know anything about this or if they’re missing anybody that fits that description.”
Several tips have come in to Tempe police, but so far not have assisted in identifying her.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them