The Doce wildfire that has been gripping the Prescott area is reportedly at 40 percent containment Saturday, according to Doce fire officials.
Evacuations are expected to be lifted at 5:00 p.m. for the Williamson Valley Road corridor including American Ranch, Sundown Acres, Cielo Grande, Stazinski Road and Mint Creek Ranch. Entry is for residents only, as checkpoints remain in effect.
The areas where evacuations are still in place include Granite Basin, Alto Recreation Area, Blackjack and Camp Anytown.
The Prescott National Forest emergency fire closure and Stage II fire restrictions are still in effect.
A community meeting will take place at the Ruth Street Theater on Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
In all, the Doce Fire forced the evacuation of more than 460 homes after it started Tuesday northwest of Prescott.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier