The Doce wildfire that has been gripping the Prescott area is reportedly at 40 percent containment Saturday, according to Doce fire officials.
Evacuations are expected to be lifted at 5:00 p.m. for the Williamson Valley Road corridor including American Ranch, Sundown Acres, Cielo Grande, Stazinski Road and Mint Creek Ranch. Entry is for residents only, as checkpoints remain in effect.
The areas where evacuations are still in place include Granite Basin, Alto Recreation Area, Blackjack and Camp Anytown.
The Prescott National Forest emergency fire closure and Stage II fire restrictions are still in effect.
A community meeting will take place at the Ruth Street Theater on Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
In all, the Doce Fire forced the evacuation of more than 460 homes after it started Tuesday northwest of Prescott.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development