PHOENIX — Two people were arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking Thursday after allegedly forcing a 15-year-old girl to become a prostitute.
Police received a call from a fast food restaurant Thursday from the victim claiming that she was being held against her will.
Upon investigation, police found that the victim met 18-year-old Kiana Clark on a social media site. Clark convinced the victim to meet her at a hotel near 8300 W. McDowell where she met the second suspect, 27-year-old Marquel Watson.
Police said the victim and Clark performed acts of prostitution over a two-day period and the proceeds were given to Watson. Photos of the victim and Clark were posted in online ads.
Both suspects allegedly made incriminating statements to police.
Clark was charged with two counts of sex trafficking and possession of a dangerous drug. Watson was charged with two counts of sex trafficking.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon