PHOENIX — Nine people were arrested Thursday night for working at a prostitution house in Phoenix, according to Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.
The investigation into the business lasted six months and was collaborated with the FBI. It’s located in the 3200 S. 40th Street and has been operating for about a year. It was advertising online as a self-serve pornography business.
“They can pop up pretty much anywhere and ultimately it’s up to our investigators to locate these businesses and shut them down,” Sgt. Martos said.
The investigation showed that men would go into the business and pay $140 for a half hour to participate in sexual acts with women. The business would take still photographs or videos at the same time.
Eight females and one male were arrested including who police believe is the owner/operator. Potential charges could include operating a house of prostitution, prostitution and operating an illegal enterprise.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon