TUSCON, Ariz. — Tuscon Sector Border Patrol agents seized a truck disguised as an official U.S. Fish and Wildlife vehicle smuggling 933 pounds of marijuana.
Attempts to stop the vehicle began at the Douglas Station near Elfrida, Ariz. The driver and passenger fled the scene but were later found by agents and arrested. Agents uncovered bundles of marijuana in the truck estimated to be worth $466,500. The narcotics will be turned over to the DEA.
The two suspects are both Mexican nationals. Both suspects will be prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Any citizen wishing to report suspicious activity to the Border Patrol can call (877)-872-7435 to remain anonymous.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food