Sixteen beauties with brains and talent from around the state are getting ready to wow pageant judges, as they compete for the title of Miss Arizona 2013.
“It’s about giving young women the opportunity to earn scholarship money. Our girl will go on to the Miss America competition in September in Atlantic City,” said board member Stephanie Theil.
The competition will be held on June 20, 21 and 22 starting at 7:30 p.m. The pageant final will be held on Saturday and is expected to last until at least 11 p.m.
The pageant will be held at Mesquite High School, part of the Gilbert School District. The Miss Arizona competition has been held their since 2001.
Tickets are being sold through Bryant Tickets and can be purchased by calling (480) 202-7980. Tickets for Friday night cost $35 per ticket and tickets for the Saturday night preliminary event and the Saturday night finale cost $45 each. Ticket packages for all three nights start at $100. The Mesquite High School Auditorium seats 885 so tickets are limited.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food