Sixteen beauties with brains and talent from around the state are getting ready to wow pageant judges, as they compete for the title of Miss Arizona 2013.
“It’s about giving young women the opportunity to earn scholarship money. Our girl will go on to the Miss America competition in September in Atlantic City,” said board member Stephanie Theil.
The competition will be held on June 20, 21 and 22 starting at 7:30 p.m. The pageant final will be held on Saturday and is expected to last until at least 11 p.m.
The pageant will be held at Mesquite High School, part of the Gilbert School District. The Miss Arizona competition has been held their since 2001.
Tickets are being sold through Bryant Tickets and can be purchased by calling (480) 202-7980. Tickets for Friday night cost $35 per ticket and tickets for the Saturday night preliminary event and the Saturday night finale cost $45 each. Ticket packages for all three nights start at $100. The Mesquite High School Auditorium seats 885 so tickets are limited.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck