PHOENIX — With the Senate voting on amendments to the immigration reform bill this week, Arizona evangelical leaders and political leaders are coming together to call for action on comprehensive immigration reform.
“It’s an opportunity for people to learn, to engage Scripture, to think in better ways,” said Director of Fuller Theological Seminary Southwest, Tom Parker. “As Christians, our goal is to not be knee-jerky people who quickly go to one political side or another, but ours is to engage the Scripture and think through what it means to love our neighbor.”
On Thursday, the Evangelical Immigration Table and the Bibles, Badges and Business for Immigration Reform network are hosting an Arizona Immigration Call to Action.
“Arizona evangelical and political leaders will gather at the Orangewood Nazarene Church to discuss the overwhelming biblical, humanitarian and social reasons to reform our immigration system and urge their elected members of Congress to vote ‘yes’ on immigration reform.”
Phoenix City Councilman Daniel Valenzuela, District 5’s Bob Hake, Lead Pastor of Orangewood Nazarene Church, Dr. John DelHousaye of Phoenix Seminary, Neighborhood Ministries Ian Danley and Tom Parker of Fuller Seminary are scheduled to be in attendance.
The public event starts at 6:00 p.m. at Orangewood Nazarene Church, 7510 N. 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food