Desert Sky Pavilion announced on Tuesday that it has been renamed.
The facility has changed its name yet again and will now be known as the “Ak-Chin Pavilion.” The new name is part of a partnership between Live Nation and the Ak-Chn Indian Community.
“We couldn’t be happier to enter into this marketing relationship with the Ak-Chin Indian Community at our premier live entertainment venue in Phoenix,” said Maureen Ford, president of Live Nation’s Venue Network, in a press release.
“The Ak-Chin Indian Community has long standing roots in Arizona and have always believed that investing in our community is the right thing to do,” said Ak-Chin Tribal Chairman Louis J. Manuel, Jr., in a press release. “We are excited about this partnership with Live Nation and working together to bring quality live entertainment to the Valley.”
In its past, the Ak-Chin Pavilion has been known as the Blockbuster Desert Sky Pavilion, the Cricket Pavilion, the Cricket Wireless Pavilion and the Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion.
Ak-Chin Pavilion seats 20,000 people.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon