PHOENIX — Arizona State University has kicked a fraternity off campus after several high-profile incidents.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon has been ousted after incidents that involved underage drinking of students. University administration told the fraternity that its conduct “conflicts with the fundamental values and ideals of both the fraternity and university.”
The incidents have brought negative attention to ASU. In December, fraternity brother Jack Culolioas, a 19-year-old freshman, died after last being seen during a night of drinking with frat brothers at a Tempe bar. He was missing for weeks before his body was found in Tempe Town Lake.
Most recently, an underage student was abandoned by friends at a hospital emergency room with a blood-alcohol content nearly six times the legal drunk limit. Although the mid-May drinking session was not fraternity-related, the student is a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
The university has taken action before when fraternities have exhibited harmful, out-of-control behavior.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick