PHOENIX — Arizona State University has kicked a fraternity off campus after several high-profile incidents.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon has been ousted after incidents that involved underage drinking of students. University administration told the fraternity that its conduct “conflicts with the fundamental values and ideals of both the fraternity and university.”
The incidents have brought negative attention to ASU. In December, fraternity brother Jack Culolioas, a 19-year-old freshman, died after last being seen during a night of drinking with frat brothers at a Tempe bar. He was missing for weeks before his body was found in Tempe Town Lake.
Most recently, an underage student was abandoned by friends at a hospital emergency room with a blood-alcohol content nearly six times the legal drunk limit. Although the mid-May drinking session was not fraternity-related, the student is a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
The university has taken action before when fraternities have exhibited harmful, out-of-control behavior.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas