PHOENIX — One man has died and a woman has been injured in a shooting in a west Phoenix neighborhood late Sunday night.
Police are searching for two suspects in relation to the shooting, which happened around 12:30 a.m. near 71st Avenue and Thomas Road.
“There was a man and woman who were on bicycles, it’s possible they were transients,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson. “They made contact with two people in a car, a man and a woman.”
At some point, the four got into an altercation, according to police.
“The man who was in the car got out and shot both the man and the woman,” said Thompson.
Both victims were taken to the hospital, where the man died from his injuries. The woman suffered a gunshot wound and is expected to survive.
Police don’t have a description on the suspects, other than they believe they drove off in a blue Chevrolet Impala.
Detectives have not determined a motive for the shooting, and it’s unknown whether the victims and suspects knew each other.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon