PHOENIX — The questions continue.
Representatives of the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) say they’ve been getting calls about Governor Brewer’s Medicaid expansion plan ever since people first heard about it.
At first, people were worried about the health coverage provided under Arizona’s Proposition 204.
“That is the voter initiative where Arizona voters mandated that all Arizonans living at 100 percent of poverty or below be covered by the AHCCCS program,” said AHCCCS Spokeswoman Monica Coury.
The recession caused the state to freeze enrollment in a Prop 204 provision that covered adults without children.
Because of the freeze, many of them were sent to hospital emergency rooms when they needed routine medical treatment.
Coury says Brewer’s plan, which was approved by the Arizona Legislature last week, reinstates that enrollment.
There’s also been questions about money.
“We have heard a few concerns from people who didn’t understand the Governor’s plan who think that this would somehow costs Arizona taxpayers money,” said Coury.
Coury also noted that Arizona taxpayers aren’t footing the bill for the plan.
“It is being funded through hospital assessment,” she said.
Coury claims the Governor’s Medicaid expansion plan is the best plan for Arizona.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy