PHOENIX — The questions continue.
Representatives of the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) say they’ve been getting calls about Governor Brewer’s Medicaid expansion plan ever since people first heard about it.
At first, people were worried about the health coverage provided under Arizona’s Proposition 204.
“That is the voter initiative where Arizona voters mandated that all Arizonans living at 100 percent of poverty or below be covered by the AHCCCS program,” said AHCCCS Spokeswoman Monica Coury.
The recession caused the state to freeze enrollment in a Prop 204 provision that covered adults without children.
Because of the freeze, many of them were sent to hospital emergency rooms when they needed routine medical treatment.
Coury says Brewer’s plan, which was approved by the Arizona Legislature last week, reinstates that enrollment.
There’s also been questions about money.
“We have heard a few concerns from people who didn’t understand the Governor’s plan who think that this would somehow costs Arizona taxpayers money,” said Coury.
Coury also noted that Arizona taxpayers aren’t footing the bill for the plan.
“It is being funded through hospital assessment,” she said.
Coury claims the Governor’s Medicaid expansion plan is the best plan for Arizona.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas