PHOENIX — A Valley Metro bus operator is in police custody following an alleged assault.
Phoenix Police say Todd Allen Shields exchanged words with a man, physically threw him off the bus and assaulted him Friday after the victim presented a reduced fare card for passengers under the age of 18 but appeared to be older.
It happened around 11:45 a.m. on June 14 in the area of 19th Avenue and Montebello.
After investigating officers arrested Shields and charged him with one count of assault, one count of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal damages. All of the charges are misdemeanors.
The 21-year-old man’s injuries were minor but police say Shields broke the man’s cell phone.
Shields is a Valley Metro operator, employed by Veolia Transportation Services, which contracts with the City of Phoenix to manage bus service, according to a press release.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy