PHOENIX – The family of JoDon Romero, whose suicide was accidentally shown on live television, is suing Fox News.
During a high-speed car chase which originated in Phoenix and ended when Romero got out of his car and shot himself was aired live on the network, causing anchor Shep Smith to apologize to the audience.
According to the Huffington Post, Romero’s wife is suing both the network and News Corp. in Maricopa County court.
“The lawsuit said that the children “have been, and continue to be, severely traumatized” by the footage. They have flashbacks, trauma, sleep disturbances and intrusive thoughts, according to the suit, and are so depressed that they cannot go to school.”
FOX 10, which aired the live feed put in place a seven-second delay and cut the broadcast before the suicide was shown.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick