PHOENIX — Arizona has accepted aid from other states in the past to fight wildfires and are now returning the favor by providing both equipment and manpower to Colorado and New Mexico.
Arizona has dispatched eight pieces of fire equipment to Colorado: four wildland engines and four water tenders. The equipment has been sent in response to three fast-growing fires which, to date, have burned more than 19,000 acres.
The nearly 16,000-acre Black Forest fire near Colorado Springs, Colo., has destroyed 360 homes and is the most destructive wildfire in Colorado history.
Arizona also is supporting New Mexico with equipment and boots on the ground as it continues to battle five large fires, burning more than 56,000 acres. An elite Type 1 incident management team has been shipped from Arizona to New Mexico.
Fires in the southwest have drained Arizona crews away. A wildland firefighter crew has arrived in Tucson from Grangeville, ID to be pre-positioned in our area should a fire start in southeastern Arizona.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths