PHOENIX — Arizona has accepted aid from other states in the past to fight wildfires and are now returning the favor by providing both equipment and manpower to Colorado and New Mexico.
Arizona has dispatched eight pieces of fire equipment to Colorado: four wildland engines and four water tenders. The equipment has been sent in response to three fast-growing fires which, to date, have burned more than 19,000 acres.
The nearly 16,000-acre Black Forest fire near Colorado Springs, Colo., has destroyed 360 homes and is the most destructive wildfire in Colorado history.
Arizona also is supporting New Mexico with equipment and boots on the ground as it continues to battle five large fires, burning more than 56,000 acres. An elite Type 1 incident management team has been shipped from Arizona to New Mexico.
Fires in the southwest have drained Arizona crews away. A wildland firefighter crew has arrived in Tucson from Grangeville, ID to be pre-positioned in our area should a fire start in southeastern Arizona.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development