PHOENIX — A Father’s Day surprise audit results in two large retailers being cited.
Inspectors audited over 3,000 items at 28 retailers across the Valley.
“We showed up, didn’t tell anyone we were coming,” said Shawn Marquez, spokesman for the Arizona Department of Weights and Measures. “We chose 25 items at random and ran them through the scanner to make sure the sale item they are advertising is actually what you pay for at the cash register.”
The items were randomly selected, but associated with products typically purchased for men for Father’s Day.
According to information from Weights and Measures:
“Of these stores inspected two were found to have failed their inspections. According to department records, a Kmart store was cited for two overcharges, and Marshalls was cited for not having a “scan error policy”, as required by Arizona state law.”
A scan-error policy spells out how an overcharge is resolved between a customer and a business.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development