PHOENIX — A Father’s Day surprise audit results in two large retailers being cited.
Inspectors audited over 3,000 items at 28 retailers across the Valley.
“We showed up, didn’t tell anyone we were coming,” said Shawn Marquez, spokesman for the Arizona Department of Weights and Measures. “We chose 25 items at random and ran them through the scanner to make sure the sale item they are advertising is actually what you pay for at the cash register.”
The items were randomly selected, but associated with products typically purchased for men for Father’s Day.
According to information from Weights and Measures:
“Of these stores inspected two were found to have failed their inspections. According to department records, a Kmart store was cited for two overcharges, and Marshalls was cited for not having a “scan error policy”, as required by Arizona state law.”
A scan-error policy spells out how an overcharge is resolved between a customer and a business.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food