PHOENIX — Dads are feeling like they are getting the short end of the stick on Father’s Day, according to a new poll from RetailMeNot.com.
While roughly three quarters of fathers polled expect a gift, more than half, 58 percent, say they are getting a raw deal.
“They feel a bit slighted in that more than half of them feel that they spend more on Mother’s Day than what they receive on Father’s Day,” said John Faith, a RetailMeNot.com tech expert.
The poll also shows kids are coming through in unexpected ways for good ol’ dad. Almost a third of kids intend to spend up to $40 on Father’s Day gifts, with one in five spending between $41 and $60 and almost another third likely to spend more than $61.
Daddy’s little girl, it turns out, is stingy with her hard-earned allowance. The poll shows that boys outspend daughters by 2-to-1.
If you want to know what dads say not to do, according to RetailMeNot.com, is get them a T-shirt or coffee mug with a dad-related slogan or a tie.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier