PHOENIX — Dads are feeling like they are getting the short end of the stick on Father’s Day, according to a new poll from RetailMeNot.com.
While roughly three quarters of fathers polled expect a gift, more than half, 58 percent, say they are getting a raw deal.
“They feel a bit slighted in that more than half of them feel that they spend more on Mother’s Day than what they receive on Father’s Day,” said John Faith, a RetailMeNot.com tech expert.
The poll also shows kids are coming through in unexpected ways for good ol’ dad. Almost a third of kids intend to spend up to $40 on Father’s Day gifts, with one in five spending between $41 and $60 and almost another third likely to spend more than $61.
Daddy’s little girl, it turns out, is stingy with her hard-earned allowance. The poll shows that boys outspend daughters by 2-to-1.
If you want to know what dads say not to do, according to RetailMeNot.com, is get them a T-shirt or coffee mug with a dad-related slogan or a tie.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes