PHOENIX — Dads are feeling like they are getting the short end of the stick on Father’s Day, according to a new poll from RetailMeNot.com.
While roughly three quarters of fathers polled expect a gift, more than half, 58 percent, say they are getting a raw deal.
“They feel a bit slighted in that more than half of them feel that they spend more on Mother’s Day than what they receive on Father’s Day,” said John Faith, a RetailMeNot.com tech expert.
The poll also shows kids are coming through in unexpected ways for good ol’ dad. Almost a third of kids intend to spend up to $40 on Father’s Day gifts, with one in five spending between $41 and $60 and almost another third likely to spend more than $61.
Daddy’s little girl, it turns out, is stingy with her hard-earned allowance. The poll shows that boys outspend daughters by 2-to-1.
If you want to know what dads say not to do, according to RetailMeNot.com, is get them a T-shirt or coffee mug with a dad-related slogan or a tie.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development