PHOENIX — Dads are feeling like they are getting the short end of the stick on Father’s Day, according to a new poll from RetailMeNot.com.
While roughly three quarters of fathers polled expect a gift, more than half, 58 percent, say they are getting a raw deal.
“They feel a bit slighted in that more than half of them feel that they spend more on Mother’s Day than what they receive on Father’s Day,” said John Faith, a RetailMeNot.com tech expert.
The poll also shows kids are coming through in unexpected ways for good ol’ dad. Almost a third of kids intend to spend up to $40 on Father’s Day gifts, with one in five spending between $41 and $60 and almost another third likely to spend more than $61.
Daddy’s little girl, it turns out, is stingy with her hard-earned allowance. The poll shows that boys outspend daughters by 2-to-1.
If you want to know what dads say not to do, according to RetailMeNot.com, is get them a T-shirt or coffee mug with a dad-related slogan or a tie.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy