PHOENIX — All The Kings Flags has been in business for almost a half-century at 24th Street and Osborn Road.
Kay Marie King said the American flag is the biggest seller year after year along with military flags. She said flags give people a sense of belonging and unity.
“The flag is the easiest and most obvious way to show it. We carry all branches of the military and the POW flag, which is very popular,” King said.
She has hundreds of flags for almost anything imaginable: Sports teams, dogs, cats, state and city flags, just to name a few. On Flag Day, her sales will be up 20-30 percent Friday from the average day.
Not only is her store packed with flags of all shapes and sizes, she can also have flags custom made and, needless to say, she gets unusual requests.
One clearly stands out.
“A group of elephant polo players. This is a real sport in Nepal and India and they wanted a flag with their team name on it. It was huge flag and the most unusual one I have ever done,” she said.
She said the busiest day, without question, was after 9/11 when customers were lined up around the store.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon