PHOENIX — All The Kings Flags has been in business for almost a half-century at 24th Street and Osborn Road.
Kay Marie King said the American flag is the biggest seller year after year along with military flags. She said flags give people a sense of belonging and unity.
“The flag is the easiest and most obvious way to show it. We carry all branches of the military and the POW flag, which is very popular,” King said.
She has hundreds of flags for almost anything imaginable: Sports teams, dogs, cats, state and city flags, just to name a few. On Flag Day, her sales will be up 20-30 percent Friday from the average day.
Not only is her store packed with flags of all shapes and sizes, she can also have flags custom made and, needless to say, she gets unusual requests.
One clearly stands out.
“A group of elephant polo players. This is a real sport in Nepal and India and they wanted a flag with their team name on it. It was huge flag and the most unusual one I have ever done,” she said.
She said the busiest day, without question, was after 9/11 when customers were lined up around the store.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.