PHOENIX — All The Kings Flags has been in business for almost a half-century at 24th Street and Osborn Road.
Kay Marie King said the American flag is the biggest seller year after year along with military flags. She said flags give people a sense of belonging and unity.
“The flag is the easiest and most obvious way to show it. We carry all branches of the military and the POW flag, which is very popular,” King said.
She has hundreds of flags for almost anything imaginable: Sports teams, dogs, cats, state and city flags, just to name a few. On Flag Day, her sales will be up 20-30 percent Friday from the average day.
Not only is her store packed with flags of all shapes and sizes, she can also have flags custom made and, needless to say, she gets unusual requests.
One clearly stands out.
“A group of elephant polo players. This is a real sport in Nepal and India and they wanted a flag with their team name on it. It was huge flag and the most unusual one I have ever done,” she said.
She said the busiest day, without question, was after 9/11 when customers were lined up around the store.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments