The entire country is debating immigration reform, but a new poll showed that a majority of Americans are ready for Congress to act.
According to Fox News, 81 percent of Democrats, 74 percent of Independents and 73 percent of Republicans want immigration reform to happen.
Seventy-four percent of voters favor trying to find a way for the millions of illegal immigrants who are already in the country to remain here and eventually gain citizenship if they meet certain requirements.
Eighty-three percent of white Republicans over the age of 65 are part of the demographic which most likely vote for strengthening border security.
Seventy-nine percent of non-white Democrats under the age of 30 tend to vote towards giving illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.
The Senate will officially start debate for an immigration reform bill in the coming weeks. This bill would create tighter border security and a way for undocumented immigrants already in the country to gain citizenship.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food