PHOENIX — Parishioners of one church in Tempe have a new way to help their church pay its bills.
“It’s a giving kiosk that takes debit and credit cards,” said church development director David Pederson at All Saints Catholic Newman Center. “It also allows them to sign up for recurring donations, similar to paying your electric bill or gas bill.”
People can also text in their donation.
“It’s a neat opportunity,” said Pederson. “A lot of our parishioners, and a lot of the people who are coming in and out of the Newman Center are (Arizona State University) students. It’s a generation that really doesn’t carry a lot of cash with them.
“We wanted to give them the opportunity to use the form of payment that they’re most comfortable with and have around most. That is using plastic.”
The church will continue to accept cash donations. Pederson said the church installed the debit kiosk in mid-February. He said it’s too early to tell how many people are using it.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.