PHOENIX — Parishioners of one church in Tempe have a new way to help their church pay its bills.
“It’s a giving kiosk that takes debit and credit cards,” said church development director David Pederson at All Saints Catholic Newman Center. “It also allows them to sign up for recurring donations, similar to paying your electric bill or gas bill.”
People can also text in their donation.
“It’s a neat opportunity,” said Pederson. “A lot of our parishioners, and a lot of the people who are coming in and out of the Newman Center are (Arizona State University) students. It’s a generation that really doesn’t carry a lot of cash with them.
“We wanted to give them the opportunity to use the form of payment that they’re most comfortable with and have around most. That is using plastic.”
The church will continue to accept cash donations. Pederson said the church installed the debit kiosk in mid-February. He said it’s too early to tell how many people are using it.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments