PHOENIX — Parishioners of one church in Tempe have a new way to help their church pay its bills.
“It’s a giving kiosk that takes debit and credit cards,” said church development director David Pederson at All Saints Catholic Newman Center. “It also allows them to sign up for recurring donations, similar to paying your electric bill or gas bill.”
People can also text in their donation.
“It’s a neat opportunity,” said Pederson. “A lot of our parishioners, and a lot of the people who are coming in and out of the Newman Center are (Arizona State University) students. It’s a generation that really doesn’t carry a lot of cash with them.
“We wanted to give them the opportunity to use the form of payment that they’re most comfortable with and have around most. That is using plastic.”
The church will continue to accept cash donations. Pederson said the church installed the debit kiosk in mid-February. He said it’s too early to tell how many people are using it.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy