PHOENIX — A class-action lawsuit was filed Tuesday in Arizona against a company that recently had its frozen berry mix recalled from Costco stores because of an outbreak of hepatitis A.
Seattle-based law firm Marler Clark filed the suit against frozen food distributor Townsend Farms on behalf of plaintiffs Gayle Prather and Christopher Mason and other residents who consumed the recalled berries and later received a hepatitis A vaccination or immune globulin injection.
The “Townsend Farms Organic Anti-Oxidant Blend” frozen berry and pomegranate seed was identified as the source of a hepatitis A outbreak among consumers in several Western states.
According to a press release, attorney William Marler “noted that the class action lawsuit asks that all class members be compensated for the cost of receiving a hepatitis A vaccine or immune globulin injection and hepatitis A testing in addition to time missed from work and other expenses incurred due to exposure to the virus.”
Marler said the suit will also ask Townsend Farms to reimburse the public health agencies for providing shot clinics and investigations related to the outbreak.
“Taxpayers should not be held responsible for this company’s sub-par food safety practices,” Marler said.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick