It’s not too early to prepare yourself for a monsoon.
One Valley expert said if you act now, you could possibly save yourself thousands of dollars and a lot of heartache in the future.
During the summer, Phil Mattei of Arizona Fire and Water, a local home restoration company, said most calls are associated with air conditioning condensation lines.
“The lines clog and overflow and it’s something that people don’t usually think about,” said Mattei. “One of the best ways to prevent that is to have an A/C guy come in and clean out the lines to make sure that doesn’t happen.”
Another issue you could address now is clogged rain gutters.
“Clogs could cause pooling around doors, and it can back up into your house,” said Mattei.
Experts like Mattei also suggest you have proper drainage around your backyard and entry points to your home, check your roof for leaks, make sure the seal around skylights is tight and that it doesn’t have any cracks, and consider investing in a flood or rising water insurance policy.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon