It’s not too early to prepare yourself for a monsoon.
One Valley expert said if you act now, you could possibly save yourself thousands of dollars and a lot of heartache in the future.
During the summer, Phil Mattei of Arizona Fire and Water, a local home restoration company, said most calls are associated with air conditioning condensation lines.
“The lines clog and overflow and it’s something that people don’t usually think about,” said Mattei. “One of the best ways to prevent that is to have an A/C guy come in and clean out the lines to make sure that doesn’t happen.”
Another issue you could address now is clogged rain gutters.
“Clogs could cause pooling around doors, and it can back up into your house,” said Mattei.
Experts like Mattei also suggest you have proper drainage around your backyard and entry points to your home, check your roof for leaks, make sure the seal around skylights is tight and that it doesn’t have any cracks, and consider investing in a flood or rising water insurance policy.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain