It’s not too early to prepare yourself for a monsoon.
One Valley expert said if you act now, you could possibly save yourself thousands of dollars and a lot of heartache in the future.
During the summer, Phil Mattei of Arizona Fire and Water, a local home restoration company, said most calls are associated with air conditioning condensation lines.
“The lines clog and overflow and it’s something that people don’t usually think about,” said Mattei. “One of the best ways to prevent that is to have an A/C guy come in and clean out the lines to make sure that doesn’t happen.”
Another issue you could address now is clogged rain gutters.
“Clogs could cause pooling around doors, and it can back up into your house,” said Mattei.
Experts like Mattei also suggest you have proper drainage around your backyard and entry points to your home, check your roof for leaks, make sure the seal around skylights is tight and that it doesn’t have any cracks, and consider investing in a flood or rising water insurance policy.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America