PHOENIX — At first glance you might call it a vending machine, but Todd Davis said it’s much more secure.
“You swipe your card, it allows you access into the room, the door locks behind you and have a dispensing machine sitting there. You swipe your card again, it verifies you are a patient and then a menu pops up.”
That menu features a variety of medical marijuana. Patients pick their marijuana by touching the screen and pay by credit or debit card. The marijuana is then dispensed.
“It makes it a legitimate business transaction, a legitimate medical transaction,” said Davis.
As Chief Executive Officer of Cave Creek-based Endexx Corp., Davis said they do not dispense drugs, they provide dispensing technology. The machines are made in California, but Davis said as more states approve medical marijuana and legalize pot, he expects to create jobs in Arizona.
“It’s a very chaotic business, “he said. “It’s in its infancy and there are more opportunities than there are barriers of entry.”
Davis expects the federal government to make changes in the areas of tracking, accountability, safety and testing and says Endexx will be prepared to accommodate those changes.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon