PHOENIX — At first glance you might call it a vending machine, but Todd Davis said it’s much more secure.
“You swipe your card, it allows you access into the room, the door locks behind you and have a dispensing machine sitting there. You swipe your card again, it verifies you are a patient and then a menu pops up.”
That menu features a variety of medical marijuana. Patients pick their marijuana by touching the screen and pay by credit or debit card. The marijuana is then dispensed.
“It makes it a legitimate business transaction, a legitimate medical transaction,” said Davis.
As Chief Executive Officer of Cave Creek-based Endexx Corp., Davis said they do not dispense drugs, they provide dispensing technology. The machines are made in California, but Davis said as more states approve medical marijuana and legalize pot, he expects to create jobs in Arizona.
“It’s a very chaotic business, “he said. “It’s in its infancy and there are more opportunities than there are barriers of entry.”
Davis expects the federal government to make changes in the areas of tracking, accountability, safety and testing and says Endexx will be prepared to accommodate those changes.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food