PHOENIX — At first glance you might call it a vending machine, but Todd Davis said it’s much more secure.
“You swipe your card, it allows you access into the room, the door locks behind you and have a dispensing machine sitting there. You swipe your card again, it verifies you are a patient and then a menu pops up.”
That menu features a variety of medical marijuana. Patients pick their marijuana by touching the screen and pay by credit or debit card. The marijuana is then dispensed.
“It makes it a legitimate business transaction, a legitimate medical transaction,” said Davis.
As Chief Executive Officer of Cave Creek-based Endexx Corp., Davis said they do not dispense drugs, they provide dispensing technology. The machines are made in California, but Davis said as more states approve medical marijuana and legalize pot, he expects to create jobs in Arizona.
“It’s a very chaotic business, “he said. “It’s in its infancy and there are more opportunities than there are barriers of entry.”
Davis expects the federal government to make changes in the areas of tracking, accountability, safety and testing and says Endexx will be prepared to accommodate those changes.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night