PHOENIX — Pent-up demand and new products are driving sales at car dealerships across the Valley, a local sales director said.
“For the month of May we were up 16 percent and some of the dealerships have been seeing numbers upward of 35 percent, 25 percent growth,” said Jason Church, sales director at Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix.
During the recession and recovery, Church said people held on to their cars and the national average age of a vehicle on the road is now 10-years-old.
“In Phoenix, when the heat starts getting up there, that car reliability isn’t there so new car sales do pick up and we’ve seen that across the board.”
Church said new buyers are more interested in fuel-efficiency and technology than they were before the recession.
Church also said manufacturers have changed in the last few years and are now focusing more on building relationships and brand loyalty with customers rather than just being focused on selling one vehicle.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon