PHOENIX — Pent-up demand and new products are driving sales at car dealerships across the Valley, a local sales director said.
“For the month of May we were up 16 percent and some of the dealerships have been seeing numbers upward of 35 percent, 25 percent growth,” said Jason Church, sales director at Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix.
During the recession and recovery, Church said people held on to their cars and the national average age of a vehicle on the road is now 10-years-old.
“In Phoenix, when the heat starts getting up there, that car reliability isn’t there so new car sales do pick up and we’ve seen that across the board.”
Church said new buyers are more interested in fuel-efficiency and technology than they were before the recession.
Church also said manufacturers have changed in the last few years and are now focusing more on building relationships and brand loyalty with customers rather than just being focused on selling one vehicle.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night