GLENDALE, Ariz. — Two sisters have been found safe after police said they ran away from their Glendale home over the weekend.
Nine-year-old Taylor Jo Challis and her 16-year-old sister spent the day together on Saturday, but only Challis returned home that night, according to police.
“Then Sunday morning, (Taylor) woke up and was seen by family members at the house,” said Sgt. Jay O’Neil. The family lives in the 6100 block of West Echo Lane. By 11 a.m. when a family member went to wake her, she was gone.
The family told authorities they suspected Challis snuck out to search for her older sister.
Both girls were found later in the day, but in different locations. The 16-year-old was found in near 43rd and Maryland avenues. Her younger sister, nicknamed Bailey, was found in Phoenix near 35th Avenue and Bethany Home Road.
Detectives have interviewed the girls, but it is still unknown why they ran away.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them