PHOENIX — The sizzling heat has hit and we’re all trying to stay cool and so are the rattlesnakes.
When it gets this hot they look at homes and garages as a big cave.
“People leave doors open while they’re having a barbeque or the garage door open while they’re working on a car,” said Rattlesnake Solutions owner Brian Hughes. “Snakes come right in. It’s a cool place out of the sun with goodies and that’s the place they would want to go.”
Backyard bushes and rock piles are another favorite hideout, especially near swimming pools.
“That’s practically an oasis to them and they will show up there because it’s useful to them.”
Hughes said his company is responding to about six calls on rattlesnakes per day.
“A guy from Scottsdale called me who thought he had a single snake in his garage,” he said. “I went in there and found five of them sitting in the dark.”
What do you do if you find a rattler in the garage or backyard? Hughes says do nothing on your own. Call an expert.
Snake removal runs up to $150, a much cheaper option than the medical bills that can result should an untrained person attempt to handle a rattlesnake.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development