PHOENIX — As temperatures heat up around the Valley, the Phoenix Zoo is helping guests stay cool.
The third annual Prowl & Play event at the zoo returns Saturday, June 8.
Linda Hardwick, Public Relations and Marketing Manager at the Phoenix Zoo, said the event gives guests an opportunity to escape the scorching summer heat and experience the zoo in a whole new light.
“It’s really fun to be walking around when the sun goes down and you’re just hearing and seeing the zoo in a completely different atmosphere,” Hardwick said. “There are plenty of animals still to see and lots of fun activities including several ways to cool off.”
New attractions this year include the Leapin’ Lagoon, Yakulla Caverns splash pads and entertainment from Radio Disney. Adults can enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine on the Neely Terrace.
Guests can also check out the Giraffe Encounter, Safari Train and Camel Rides, for additional fees.
Prowl and Play creeps into the zoo on three different Saturdays this summer. For more dates and information, click here.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier