PHOENIX — As temperatures heat up around the Valley, the Phoenix Zoo is helping guests stay cool.
The third annual Prowl & Play event at the zoo returns Saturday, June 8.
Linda Hardwick, Public Relations and Marketing Manager at the Phoenix Zoo, said the event gives guests an opportunity to escape the scorching summer heat and experience the zoo in a whole new light.
“It’s really fun to be walking around when the sun goes down and you’re just hearing and seeing the zoo in a completely different atmosphere,” Hardwick said. “There are plenty of animals still to see and lots of fun activities including several ways to cool off.”
New attractions this year include the Leapin’ Lagoon, Yakulla Caverns splash pads and entertainment from Radio Disney. Adults can enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine on the Neely Terrace.
Guests can also check out the Giraffe Encounter, Safari Train and Camel Rides, for additional fees.
Prowl and Play creeps into the zoo on three different Saturdays this summer. For more dates and information, click here.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets