PHOENIX — As temperatures heat up around the Valley, the Phoenix Zoo is helping guests stay cool.
The third annual Prowl & Play event at the zoo returns Saturday, June 8.
Linda Hardwick, Public Relations and Marketing Manager at the Phoenix Zoo, said the event gives guests an opportunity to escape the scorching summer heat and experience the zoo in a whole new light.
“It’s really fun to be walking around when the sun goes down and you’re just hearing and seeing the zoo in a completely different atmosphere,” Hardwick said. “There are plenty of animals still to see and lots of fun activities including several ways to cool off.”
New attractions this year include the Leapin’ Lagoon, Yakulla Caverns splash pads and entertainment from Radio Disney. Adults can enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine on the Neely Terrace.
Guests can also check out the Giraffe Encounter, Safari Train and Camel Rides, for additional fees.
Prowl and Play creeps into the zoo on three different Saturdays this summer. For more dates and information, click here.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development