PHOENIX — Authorities have identified a little girl who was taken to a Phoenix fire station for safe keeping Wednesday night, but are are not releasing her name.
Police continue to search for the child’s parents.
Fire officials said a black male in his 40s dropped the child off at the station near 200 E. Roeser at about 8:30 p.m. He told firefighters the mother was abusing drugs and not taking care of the child.
The child, about 4 or 5, was taken to a hospital. Police had been unable to get any information from the girl, including her name.
“We don’t know the circumstances under which this child was taken by this male who brought her to the fire station. We don’t know if there was any injury to mom,” said Sgt. Steve Martos.
The girl is about 25 pounds and three feet tall. She has scars above her lip and under her left eye. She also has a mole between her eyes. She was brought to the station wearing a blue denim dress and blue ribbons in her hair.
Anyone with information on the child is asked to contact police at 602-262-6141.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier