PHOENIX — Authorities have identified a little girl who was taken to a Phoenix fire station for safe keeping Wednesday night, but are are not releasing her name.
Police continue to search for the child’s parents.
Fire officials said a black male in his 40s dropped the child off at the station near 200 E. Roeser at about 8:30 p.m. He told firefighters the mother was abusing drugs and not taking care of the child.
The child, about 4 or 5, was taken to a hospital. Police had been unable to get any information from the girl, including her name.
“We don’t know the circumstances under which this child was taken by this male who brought her to the fire station. We don’t know if there was any injury to mom,” said Sgt. Steve Martos.
The girl is about 25 pounds and three feet tall. She has scars above her lip and under her left eye. She also has a mole between her eyes. She was brought to the station wearing a blue denim dress and blue ribbons in her hair.
Anyone with information on the child is asked to contact police at 602-262-6141.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy