Agents of the Tucson Sector Border Patrol seized more than 3,400 pounds of marijuana early Tuesday, according to a press release by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The confiscated narcotics are valued at roughly $1.7 million.
The marijuana was found in two stolen vehicles on Tuesday, one near the Casa Grande Station near Arizona City and the other near Komelik.
Both vehicles were turned over to the Arizona Vehicle Theft Task Force. The narcotics were moved to the Casa Grande Border Patrol Station for processing, according to the press release.
Tucson Sector officials said it is not uncommon for smugglers to abandon their narcotics due to fear of being arrested and prosecuted.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development