PHOENIX — A pair of Valley Red Cross volunteers left Sky Harbor Wednesday morning for Oklahoma City to help the survivors of two of the most powerful tornadoes in history.
Jean Currey of Peoria, Ariz., and Eileen Goldberg of Gilbert, Ariz., will be in the Midwest for about two weeks. Currey said she expects to see a gamut of emotions.
“Some people lost everything they have and take it very well because their families are alive,” she said. “Others take even the smallest loss very, very hard. We need to get them on the road to recovery.”
Currey is well aware that Oklahoma could face more tornadoes while she’s there.
“Oklahoma had powerful storms that shook everything last night and is expecting more storms tonight. It just keeps coming.”
Both Currey and Goldberg were deployed to help the victims of Superstorm Sandy.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development