PHOENIX — A pair of Valley Red Cross volunteers left Sky Harbor Wednesday morning for Oklahoma City to help the survivors of two of the most powerful tornadoes in history.
Jean Currey of Peoria, Ariz., and Eileen Goldberg of Gilbert, Ariz., will be in the Midwest for about two weeks. Currey said she expects to see a gamut of emotions.
“Some people lost everything they have and take it very well because their families are alive,” she said. “Others take even the smallest loss very, very hard. We need to get them on the road to recovery.”
Currey is well aware that Oklahoma could face more tornadoes while she’s there.
“Oklahoma had powerful storms that shook everything last night and is expecting more storms tonight. It just keeps coming.”
Both Currey and Goldberg were deployed to help the victims of Superstorm Sandy.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick