PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department urges people to be cautious about leaving personal belongings inside their vehicles while hiking in Phoenix, after multiple victims reported burglaries taking place at trailhead parking lots.
Over the past few weeks Phoenix police officers and detectives followed investigative leads on multiple car burglaries at several different trailheads in the Phoenix metro area. The five suspects, aged between 28- to 43-years-old, have been arrested and charged with burglary-related as well as auto theft charges, according to Phoenix police.
The suspects used stolen credit cards at retail, convenience stores and online. They were identified by Phoenix police and search warrants were issued on May 31 with the help of Neighborhood Enforcement Team (NET) detectives and officers from various precincts including Desert Horizon, Mountain View and Cactus Park.
Over 25 women’s purses were recovered. Other items, such as receipts tied to stolen credit cards and burglary tools including walkie-talkies, gloves and binoculars were also discovered were also found. The suspects appeared to be working as a group, riding on their bicycles and breaking into cars parked near the trailheads.
Phoenix police are asking anyone with information concerning these burglaries to please call Crime Stop at (602) 262-6151 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.