PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department urges people to be cautious about leaving personal belongings inside their vehicles while hiking in Phoenix, after multiple victims reported burglaries taking place at trailhead parking lots.
Over the past few weeks Phoenix police officers and detectives followed investigative leads on multiple car burglaries at several different trailheads in the Phoenix metro area. The five suspects, aged between 28- to 43-years-old, have been arrested and charged with burglary-related as well as auto theft charges, according to Phoenix police.
The suspects used stolen credit cards at retail, convenience stores and online. They were identified by Phoenix police and search warrants were issued on May 31 with the help of Neighborhood Enforcement Team (NET) detectives and officers from various precincts including Desert Horizon, Mountain View and Cactus Park.
Over 25 women’s purses were recovered. Other items, such as receipts tied to stolen credit cards and burglary tools including walkie-talkies, gloves and binoculars were also discovered were also found. The suspects appeared to be working as a group, riding on their bicycles and breaking into cars parked near the trailheads.
Phoenix police are asking anyone with information concerning these burglaries to please call Crime Stop at (602) 262-6151 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon